Message from Your President, Melissa Lucas
Greetings HFMA Family! It’s hard to believe, but autumn is in full swing. The trees are beautiful, but I’m definitely not looking forward to the cold!!
Though we’ve only held one educational event so far, your HFMA leadership teams have been busy!
- The Membership Committee has been tasked with reaching out to folks who have attended our events, visited our website, or work in the healthcare industry. To date, the committee has reached out to 98 potential members to tell them what HFMA means to them personally, as well as to explain the benefits of membership.
- The Sponsorship Committee exceeded their goal for sponsors this year! We have a total of 19 chapter sponsors who deserve a big thank you from all of us. Without them, we could not bring you the quality education that you have come to expect. So let me go first. Thank you chapter sponsors for your support of Southern Illinois HFMA! You rock!
- Region 7 continues to provide members with free webinars on an array of topics. Past webinars are now available on the chapter website here. If you haven’t received the webinar invitation emails, please contact the leadership team at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can resolve.
- I met with other chapter leaders from around the country for the Fall President’s Meeting in Denver last month. Region 7 chapter presidents signed our Regional Operating Agreement. Regional Executives, chapter presidents and presidents-elect also discussed ways that we could collaborate around newsletter content and committed to holding the next Region 7 Conference in September 2020 in Chicago.
- For those of you that don’t already know, Lionel Montoya resigned his Board of Directors position. The Board elected Jennifer Venable to fill his vacant seat. We thank Jennifer for her history of service to our chapter.
Mark your calendar for upcoming events!
- February 2020 – Watch your email for the ballot to vote for next year’s Board of Directors and Chapter Officers
- March 19 and 20, 2020 – Physician Practice Summit hosted by ICAHN, MGMA and AAHAM at Regency Conference Center in O’Fallon, IL
- March 26, 2020 – Annual Conference including Business Meeting (officer installation), 60th Anniversary Celebration, and more at SSM Good Samaritan, Mt. Vernon, IL
Speaking of events, the Revenue Cycle Conference on October 24th was a great one! In my last letter to you, I talked about budget challenges and about my request to Troy, as Program Chair, cover the costs of our events with registration fees only. Boy, did he deliver. He was able to find us a more affordable venue and the committee booked engaging speakers, including the always popular payor panels. Thank you to the volunteers that made this event so successful.
Lastly, I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that we have a new email address for the chapter. The account is available to the Board and its officers and is checked every day. If you have a comment, question or suggestion, please feel free to email the chapter at email@example.com.
Yours in service,
Melissa Lucas, CPA, FHFMA
2019/2020 Chapter President